- Bayesian covariance structure modeling: An overview and new developments. Key terms; personalized treatment effects, interval-censored event-time data. (Online Seminar Department of Statistics UConn, 23 April 2021).
- Bayesian Item Response Modeling. Interuniversity Postdoc course (IOPS). Key terms; Bayesian modeling of response data, MCMC methods and output analysis, software and applications in education and health. (Online 2-Days Course, 8-9 October 2020).
- BCSM for high-dimensional dependence structures. Key terms; Bayesian modeling of clustered data, MCMC and multivariate Probit models, software and applications in education and health. International Conference on Computational and Methodological Statistics (London, 14 December 2019).
- Advancements and opportunities in marginal response modeling. 18-th Annual MARC Conference. University of Maryland, Washington, 7-8 November 2018.
- Real Time Performance Monitoring in Real Games. Fifth Conference on the Statistical Methods in Psychometrics, University of Columbia, New York. 16-17 November 2017.
- Real Time Performance Monitoring in Real Games. RCEC Workshop on IRT and Educational Measurement. University of Twente, Enschede. 1-3 November 2017.
- Bayesian Modeling of Large-Scale Survey Data: Bayesian Measurement Invariance Testing. Annual Meeting of the Psychometric Society. 21 July, 2017.
- Bayesian Developments in Modeling and Prediction for LSA Data with Applications. 28 April, 2017. Coordinated Session NCME, San Antonio, Texas. Jean-Paul Fox (University of Twente, NL), and David Kaplan (University of Wisconsin-Madison, WI).
- Bayesian Item Response Modeling 2016 (24-25 November, IOPS Course 2016) ( Bayesian Item Response Theory Course )
- Generalized Bayesian Measurement Invariance Testing. RCEC Workshop on IRT and Educational Measurement. University of Twente, October 12 – October 14, 2016.
- Dynamic Testing of Response Behaviour in Serious Games. Seminar at Human Development and Family Studies State. College of Health and Human Development. Penn State, PA. 24 August, 2016.
- Dynamic Testing of Response Behavior in Serious Games. Law School and Admission Council (LSAC), August 10, 2016.
- Generalized Bayesian Measurement Invariance Testing Seminar at ETS, Princeton, US, July 29, 2016.
- Introduction to Bayesian Statistics (June 21-22). OMD’s Week of Methods and Statistics, June 20-24, 2016. ( OMD Course Week )
- Bayesian Multivariate Multilevel Models for Pretest Posttest Data. 31th IOPS summer conference, June 9-10, 2016.
- Bayesian Multivariate Multilevel Models for Pretest Posttest Data. Modern Modeling Methods Conference. Storrs, University of Connecticut, 24-25 May 2016.
- Testing Dependency Structures under an IRT Model. Seminar at Department of Statistics, London School of Economics, London, 3 May, 2016.
- Bayesian Item Response Models Supporting Data Harmonization. Maelstrom Harmonization Workshop. Groningen, The Netherlands, 20-22 April.
- Change-point Detection Methods: Identify Increase of Learning and Disengagement. Symposium on (AERA) Future Trends in Educational Assessment, AERA, Washington, 9 April.
- Bayesian Measurement Invariance Testing. Mplus Users Meeting, Utrecht, 13 January.
- Bayesian Measurement Invariance Testing. Seminar at The German Institute for International Educational Research, Frankfurt am Main, 7 January, 2016.
- Does Time Pressure Induce Tunnel Vision? An examination with the Eriksen Flanker task. International Conference on Applied Physics, Simulation and Computers (APSAC 2015). Vienna, Austria.
- Bayesian Model Testing in IRT. CTB-McGraw/Hill, R&D Symposium. Monterey, CA, 11 September, 2014.
- Bayesian Item Response Modeling. Invited two-day shortcourse, Technical University of Lisbon (Research Centre Ceaul), Lisbon, Portugal, June 6-7, 2013.
- Developments in Random Item Effects Modeling. Seventh International Workshop on Simulation. Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Rimini, Italy. May 21-25,
- Invited talk: 9th International Multilevel Conference, Utrecht, The Netherlands, March 27-28, 2013.
- Introduction to Bayesian IRT Modeling. Invited one-day workshop, Research data center, Institute for Educational Quality Improvement, Berlin, March 8, 2013.
- Introduction to Bayesian IRT Modeling. Invited two-day workshop for the GRF-Priority Program, at DIPF (German Institute for International Educational Research), Franfurt am Main, March 6-7, 2013 (link).
- Randomized Item Response Modeling for Sensitive Measurements. Guest seminar at the Psychology Department of the University of Zurich, 7 November 2012
- Analysis of Measurement Instruments: Introduction to classical test theory, item response models and multilevel item response models. Elective course of Interuniversity Graduate School of Psychometrics and Sociometrics. University of Twente, October 17-18, 2012. (presentation)
- Joint IRT Modeling of Student Performance and Feedback Behavior. 3th RCEC Workshop, Enschede, University of Twente, October 4, 2012.
- Advances in Bayesian Item Response Modeling (Joint modeling of feedback use and time data). NCME, 16 April 2012, Vancouver (Invited session Advances in Psychometrics). (presentation)
- Random Item Effects Modeling (Applications). Ph.D School in Psychology, Università di Milano – Bicocca. April 29, 2011. (Invited Workshop)
( presentation )
- Random Item Effects Modeling (Theory). Ph.D School in Statistics, Università di Milano – Bicocca. April 28, 2011. (Invited Workshop)
- Joint Modeling of Longitudinal Item Response Data and Survival. Escola de Modelos De Regressao. Fortaleza, Brazil. March 13-16, 2011. (Keynote Address)
2010. ( presentation )
- Developments in Bayesian Item Response Modeling. The 75th Meeting of the Psychometric Society. July 7 – July 9, 2010. Athens, Georgia, USA. (Invited).
- The Joint Modeling of Individual Cognitive Impairment and Survival Data. MTO Research Colloquium. June, 9, 2010. Tilburg University. (Invited).
- Modeling Individual Trajectories of Cognitive Impairment. Colloquium Faculty of Engineering Technology, Group Water Engineering and Management. May 20, 2010. (Invited).
- MLIRT Modeling of Complex Survey Data. 1st Brazilian Congress on Item Response Theory. Florianopolis, Brazil. December 9-11, 2009. (Keynote Address)
- Random Item Effects Modeling in Cross-National Survey Research. 1st Brazilian Congress on Item Response Theory. Florianopolis, Brazil. December 9-11, 2009. (Keynote Address)
- Item Response Modeling of Neuropsychological Test Data. Seminar Biostatistics, School of Public Health University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA. September 23, 2009. (Invited).
- Testing for Cross-National Heterogeneity. Paper presented at the 25th Workshop on Item Response Theory, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands, October 13-15, 2009.
- A Bayesian IRT Modeling Framework. Seminar Econometric Institute & Tinbergen Institute, Rotterdam. Nov, 6, 2008. (Invited).
- Bayesian Item Response Models For Complex Survey Data. Presentation at the 23rd International Workhop on Statistical Modelling. Utrecht. July, 8, 2008. (Invited).
- Advanced Posterior Predictive Assessment. Presentation at the 73th Annual Meeting of the Psychometric Society. Dover, NH. July, 1, 2008.
Presentation at the 23rd IOPS Conference. Enschede. (Invited speaker).
June 14–17, 2006. Presentation at the 71th Annual Meeting of the Psychometric Society. Montreal. (Classical test theory for randomized responses).
July 5–8, 2005. Presentation at the 70th Annual Meeting of the Psychometric Society and the 14th International Meeting of the Psychometric Society. Tilburg. (Bayesian Modification Indices for Detecting IRT Model Misfit).
Oktober 25-27, 2005. Presentation at the 21th IRT Workshop, Enschede. (Classical Test Theory for Randomized Responses).
July 7-9, 2004. Presentation at the Workshop Bayesian Model Selection, Utrecht. (Bayesian Modification Indices).
July 7–10, 2003. Presentation at the 13th International Meeting and the 68th Annual American Meeting of the Psychometric Society. (Randomized Item Response Model).
June 19 -June 24, 2002. Presentation at the Psychometric Society, North American Meeting, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA. (Multilevel IRT).
June 2-6, 2002. Presentation at the 7th Valencia International Meeting Canary Islands, Spain. (Integrating Measurement Error Models with a Multilevel Model).
June 2000. Presentation at the SMABS, London. (Bayesian Modelling of Measurement Error in Predictor Variables using Item Response Theory).
June 1999. Presentation at the Meeting European Psychometric Society, Lueneburg. (Stochastic EM for estimating the Parameters of a Multi-level IRT Model).
June 1998. Presentation at the Meeting Psychometric Society, Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. (Bayesian Estimation of a Multilevel IRT model).